“Laughing is the key to good health. When tears fall from crying, they connect your head to your heart which is very healing. When tears fall from laughing, they do the same thing, but in a more powerful and effective way.”
- It’s Universal we don’t have to learn to speak it!!
- 15 minutes of laughter equals the benefit of 2 hours sleep.
- Laughing 100 times is equivalent to 10 minutes rowing on a rowing machine, or 15 minutes on an exercise bike.
- It’s unconscious – we don’t decide to do it! you try laughing on the spot
- It’s triggered by many sensations and thoughts and activates many parts of our body
- It’s a message to others, we rarely laugh alone!
- Laughing for 15 seconds adds 2 days to your life span.
- It’s social and contagious
- Optimistic people who laugh more have stronger immune systems and are generally healthier. Laughter decreases stress hormones that constrict blood vessels and suppress immune activity.
- When we laugh, negative emotions are pushed away. It is impossible to be stressed and to laugh at the same time.
- Our first laugh appears at about 3.5-4 months of age
- Most laughter is not about humour but relationships between people
- Laughter releases endorphins into the body with the same exhilarating effect as doing strenuous exercise.
- Most laughter does not follow jokes, it’s after a variety of statements. Our brains decide when to laugh at these moments – it’s like a social glue and bond to another
- You can stimulate your heart and lungs, elevate your blood pressure and improve breathing capacity by laughing.